Now showing 1 - 5 of 11
- ItemModule 11: Introduction to Data Warehousing and Business intelligence(2023-04-23) Chepken K.CIf you have followed this course sequentially from module one, you have made significant progress and by now you should have the necessary basic database skills. If you just jumped into this module, then you are welcome to this course. In this module you will learn about Data warehousing and business intelligence.
- ItemModule 10: Database Transactions(2023-04-23) Chepken K.CThe assumption here is that you may have joined this course mid-way or you may have followed a sequential order, by which case you will have completed all the previous modules. Whichever path you took; this module should make sense to you. Just ensure that you are familiar with the database systems basics including the database environment, normalization, SQL queries and database programming languages. In this module you will learn about database transactions and states of transactions, which borrows ideas heavily from SQL and database programming languages.
- ItemModule Nine: Database Programming(2023-04-23) Chepken K.CModule nine of the database systems course? Yes it is. If you have followed this course sequentially from module one, congratulations that you have made good progress. If you just jumped into this module, you are welcome to this course. Just ensure that you are familiar with the database systems basics including the database environment, normalization and SQL queries. In this module you will learn about data processing and specifically Database programming languages, file organization and indexes, query and transaction processing.
- ItemModule Eight: Relational Algebra in SQL and query planning(2023-04-23) Chepken K.CThis module is all about Relational Algebra in SQL and query planning. It describes the theoretical underpinning of query languages such as SQL. Query planning shows you how a query is executed as opposed what it does.
- ItemModule Seven: SQL Joins and sub queries(2023-04-23) Chepken K.CThis module is a buildup of the Structured query languages (SQL). The general topic is SQL as used in relational databases. SQL joins builds on the DML SELECT query. Sub queries are queries within another SQL query. Here you will study SQL joins and sub queries.